For us? We really like corn (cue The CEO of Corn)... We really do love all forms of corn, and today we’re highlighting the one and only, POPcorn!
"Why, of all days, are you highlighting popcorn today?," one may ask. Well, today is National Popcorn Day! And since it's National Popcorn Day, we had to celebrate with a fun recipe to spice (or maybe we should say sweeten) up this incredible snack.
Introducing Funfetti Popcorn – a candied and colorful twist on the salty treat. This combination will, without a doubt, up your popcorn game to the max by using our Vanilla Cupcake & Cake Mix, white chocolate, and rainbow sprinkles. Get ready to pop, sprinkle, and celebrate National Popcorn Day with a burst of flavor!
- 1 bag salted microwave popcorn (not butter flavor)
- 1 11 oz bag white chocolate chips (we recommend Ghirardelli or Guittard)
- 1 tsp oil
- ⅓ cup dry Vanilla Cupcake & Cake Mix
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Pop popcorn according to instructions on the box, pick out kernels and set aside.
- Pour white chocolate chips and oil into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing in between each time so that the chocolate doesn’t burn. Microwave until melted and very warm.
- Add ⅓ cup dry Vanilla Cupcake & Cake Mix to the white chocolate/oil mix and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture onto the popcorn and mix to evenly coat.
- Spread the coated popcorn on a parchment lined baking pan or large flat dish. Then, evenly coat the top with rainbow sprinkles.
- Allow to fully cool and harden for about 30 min-1 hour before snacking or storing.
Of course, we created this recipe for National Popcorn Day, but we encourage snacking on Funfetti Popcorn during any and all occasions where popcorn is involved. Watching a movie at home? Funfetti Popcorn. Hosting a superbowl party? Funfetti Popcorn. Girls' Night In? Funfetti Popcorn.
What makes the recipe truly extraordinary is the inclusion of the King Street Baking Co Vanilla Cupcake & Cake Mix. When envisioning funfetti flavor, the essence of vanilla cake becomes an essential component. Our choice of Vanilla Cupcake & Cake Mix serves as that key ingredient, saturating the salty popcorn with the irresistible taste of vanilla cake. This mix not only imparts a rich and sweet flavor to the white chocolate coating but also contributes to the delightful cake batter aroma. The dry cake mix seamlessly blends with the melted white chocolate, creating a luscious coating that clings to each popcorn kernel.
On National Popcorn Day, it's only fitting to indulge in a treat that's as fun and festive as the occasion itself. Our Funfetti Popcorn is a delicious way to commemorate the love we all share for this snack. So, grab your popcorn bowl, sprinkle on the fun, and let the National Popcorn Day celebration begin!
Happy Baking and Happy National Popcorn Day!