During the fall season, we all know Starbucks tends to bring out the big guns—Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Pumpkin & Pepita Loaf, and their Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin people seem to love. With this in mind and our baking mixes in hand, we decided to make a version of their muffin that's not just homemade but also healthier, with only real, wholesome ingredients.
This recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins gives Starbucks a run for its money and does it without any questionable extras.
- 1 box of Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix
- Required additional ingredients as per the mix instructions (2 eggs, ⅓ cup oil, 1 cup water)
- 1 box of Cream Cheese Frosting Mix
- Required additional ingredients as per the mix instructions (1 cup cream cheese)
- Chopped pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line your muffin tin with paper liners or grease them lightly to prevent sticking.
- Follow the instructions on the Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix package to prepare the batter.
- Pour the muffin batter into each cup until they are approximately ¾ full.
- Follow the instructions on the frosting mix to whip up the frosting.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, add 1-2 teaspoons of frosting onto the top of each muffin.
- Top each muffin with a generous sprinkle of chopped pepitas.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes. The outside batter of the muffin should come out clean with a toothpick.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes in the tin before removing them completely.
These homemade Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins will fill your kitchen with the aroma of pumpkin spice and sweet satisfaction. They're not just a delicious homage to Starbucks; they're a healthier, homemade alternative using real, wholesome ingredients. And the best part? They can be made all year round (not just seasonally!).
We hope these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins become a staple in your fall baking repertoire, just as they have in ours.
Shop our baking mixes to get started ASAP, and until next time, happy baking!P.S. Don't forget to tag us (@kingstreetbakingco) when you whip up these delightful treats! We'd love to see your creations.