Gingerbread season is finally here, which means gingerbread loaves, gingerbread houses, and our personal favorite here at King Street, gingerbread men. A few years back we made a special gingerbread cookie for our friends at Cafe Grumpy during the holidays that customers couldn’t get enough of! Check it out here for reference; it was truly epic. Thinking about that cookie and our newly launched baking mixes, we knew we needed to rack our brains for a delicious and unique gingerbread cookie recipe that anyone could make in the comfort of their own homes.
After shuffling through all the classic spices used in traditional gingerbread it hit us – why not add pumpkin spice into the mix?! They’re both similar in nature, however, pumpkin spice has a touch more cinnamon and, of course, pumpkin. By using our Pumpkin Spice Loaf & Muffin Mix as the base of the cookie and incorporating additional spice, a whole new dimension to gingerbread has been born.
- Stand mixer or hand mixer with paddle attachment
- Rolling pin
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- 1 box of Pumpkin Spice Loaf & Muffin Mix (ignore add-ins on the box)
- 6 tbsp butter (84g) (cold)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to a large bowl.
- Add in the cake mix and eggs and using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until it comes together into a cohesive dough. This will take a few min and it will look slightly sandy for a while. Stop mixing as soon as it comes together.
- Roll the dough into one large ball and seal it in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- After the dough has chilled, roll it into a slab about ¼ to ½ an inch. Then begin using your cookie cutter to shape the dough.
- Place these cutouts on a baking sheet, ensuring enough space between them. Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, making sure the cookies do not burn.
- Let cool completely.
These Pumpkin Spiced Gingerbread Men Cookies are more than just delicious treats. Whether you're decorating them with icing and candies with your family or packaging them as heartfelt gifts, these cookies encapsulate the essence of the season – love, warmth, and the simple pleasure of homemade goodness.
So, purchase your Pumpkin Spice Loaf & Muffin Mix, bring out the cookie cutters, preheat the oven, and start mixing!
P.S. Share your creations on social and tag us (@kingstreetbakingco) for a chance to be featured!